Customers (including foreigners) of aged 18 years and above and must be a Singapore Resident.
Singapore Resident means a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident or foreigner who is holding a Valid Work Permit, Employment Pass, Dependent Pass, Long Term Social Visit Pass or Student Pass Holder on the commencement of any Journey.
A Single Trip Policy means a Policy issued for the selected plan where you can only make a single journey to the selected Region of travel during the Period of Insurance. Your entire trip (must not exceed 180 consecutive days from the Period of Insurance) from the time that you leave your home or workplace in Singapore.
Annual Multi-Trip Policy allows you to make unlimited number of overseas trips during the Period of Insurance, provided each trip does not exceed 90 consecutive days from the departure date.
A Single Trip Family Plan provides cover for you, your Partner and any number of you and/ or your Partner’s Child(ren), grandchild(ren), niece(s), nephew(s) or cousin(s) who is/are a Singapore Resident and is aged at least 1 month old and below 18 years of age or up to 23 years of age whilst they are full time students at an accredited institution of higher learning on the commencement of any Journey.
For an Annual Multi-Trip Family Policy, it provides cover for you, your Partner and any number of your Child(ren). The Insured Persons under the Annual Multi-Trip Family Policy are not required to travel together on a Journey. However, Child(ren) who is/are below 12 years of age must be accompanied by an Adult for any Journey made during the Period of Insurance.
Child(ren) means your unmarried dependent Child(ren) including step or legally adopted Child(ren) who is/are at least 1 month old and below eighteen (18) years of age.
Yes, you may purchase Single Trip Policy for your legal Child if he/she is at least 1 month old and below 18 years at the commencement of any Journey.
If your Child is below 12 years of age, he/she must be accompanied by an Adult for any journey made during the period of insurance.
The benefits payable under the Policy will be subject to the limit for Child Insured Person.
Simply select all the countries you will visit except Cuba on the TravellerShield Plus online application form.
For example, if you are travelling to Bangkok, Hong Kong and USA, just select all 3 countries in the ‘Destination’ option. The website will auto detect USA as the farthest country and premium quoted for Region 3 will be shown.
- Region 1: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Region 2: China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, India, Sri Lanka, Mongolia, Timor-Leste and including Region 1.
- Region 3: Rest of the world including Nepal, Tibet, Region 1 and 2 but excluding Cuba.
Yes, however, you are only eligible for the Single Trip Policy. For Insured persons above 70 years old, there are specified sum insured amounts in order to enjoy certain benefits. Please refer to the policy wording for details of coverage.
With TravellerShield Plus, you can now enjoy 3 new benefits at no additional premiums!
- Hotel Extension - In the event that you are hospitalised and cannot be evacuated, this benefit will reimburse one of your travelling companion to accompany you while you are recuperating overseas.
- Jewellery Coverage – In the event you sustain loss or damage of your jewellery due to robbery, theft or burglary, Chubb will reimburse in respect of such loss up to the maximum sum insured.
- Pet Care – If you are unable to return to Singapore due to Travel Delay or being hospitalised overseas, Chubb will reimburse the additional cost incurring from putting your pet in a pet’s boarding home, up to the maximum sum insured.
Please refer the Policy Wording for full benefits, terms and conditions.
Yes, TravellerShield Plus Premier and Platinum Plans cover leisure adventurous activities such as bungee jumping, sky diving, paragliding, helicopter rides for sightseeing, hot air ballooning, jet skiing, mountaineering at mountains below the height of 3,000 metres above sea level, skiing or snowboarding within official approved areas of a ski resort, canoeing or white water rafting with a qualified guide and below Grade 4 (of International Scale of River Difficulty), and underwater activities involving artificial breathing apparatus for diving up to a maximum depth of 30 metres with a qualified diving instructor or a qualified dive master and with recognised diving certification. These activities must be done for leisure purposes and with a licensed operator.
For Single Trip Policy, there will not be any refund of the premium once the Certification of Insurance is issued.
For an Annual Multi-Trip Policy, you may cancel this Policy at any time by giving notice to Chubb provided no claim has arisen during the Period of Insurance. In the event of such cancellation, we will apply a short rate refund. Please refer to policy for details of refund.
You can still buy TravellerShield Plus. However, pre-existing medical advice or treatment within twelve (12) months period preceding the commencement of a Journey will be excluded.
Yes, exclusions include:
- Any loss or expenses which arises in connection with or is contributed by you undertaking any journey against travel advice (including non-essential travel) by the local authority.
- Any government prohibition, regulation or intervention.
Please refer to the policy wording for full details of exclusions.
You will receive your Policy via email upon successful application online.
You may contact our Customer Service Hotline at +65 6398 8797, Mondays to Fridays, 9.00am to 5.00pm, excluding public holidays or send an email to email@example.com.
If you are overseas and require any emergency assistance, you can call 24-hr Chubb Assistance at +65 6322 2132.
- If you are overseas and require any emergency assistance, you can call our Chubb Assist 24-Hour Hotline at: +65 6322 2132.
- If you wish to file a claim on your insurance, you have to do so within one month upon your return to Singapore. Please lodge your claim with Chubb Claims Department as soon as you return to Singapore from your overseas trip.
- You can submit your claim by using our Travel Online Claim Form.
- Complete ALL relevant sections & questions of the claim form that relate to your claim in full. Missing out details will usually result in us needing to contact you for clarification and delay the assessment of your claim.
- Ensure that you collate and attach to your claim form ALL the required supporting documents that relate to your claim. Failing to provide the required supporting documentation will usually result in us needing to contact you for clarification and delay the assessment of your claim.
- Once submitted you should expect to receive confirmation of your claim number within 3 days for emailed claims and within 5 days for posted claims.
- Should you have any query in relation to your claim including a status update please contact our Claims at DBS.TravelClaims.SG@Chubb.com remembering to quote your policy and claim number.
The above FAQs should be read and construed in light of, and subject to, all terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the Policy.